Keaukaha Elementary Student Council was organized to provide opportunities for students in grades 3-6 to participate in activities that build leadership, responsibility, and a sense of participation in the community and school. There are four elected officers: President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. These officers provide the core of leadership with the assistance of one representative from each classroom, grades 4-6.
Students become acquainted with the election process and work together on selected projects. These activities include the Spirit Week and various holiday activities to promote school pride within the school. The goal is for all participating students to learn about service to the school and their peers and to expand their self-confidence.
The goals for each member in the Student Council are to:
1. learn and develop leadership skills.
2. experience responsibility for school sponsored activities.
3. develop planning skills.
4. have the opportunity to speak in front of an audience.
5. develop interaction and communication.
6. experience cooperation collaboration skills with peers and adults.
7. acquire an awareness of the community and environment.
Elections take place at the beginning of the school year.