Monday, May 28, 2018
KES UPCOMING EVENTS
May 7 - 11, 2018
Activities are subject to change. Please Check regularly.
SCHOOL CALENDAR/Supply List
Please understand that the menu may be subjected to changes.
'Ohana and Community News
The ACS WASC/HIDOE partnership provides a coordinated accreditation system integral to the school improvement process for ALL Hawaii DOE Public Schools K-12. The ACS WASC/HIDOE process is directly aligned with the HIDOE State Strategic Plan and the corresponding Academic Plans of the schools. The ACS WASC/HIDOE accreditation process systematizes and standardizes the ongoing evaluation of a school program and streamlines planning and reporting. The Focus on Learning: Joint ACS WASC/HIDOE Focus on Learning Process Guide facilitates a school’s in-depth look at what currently exists and what needs to be improved in relation to student learning and the school’s program. Through the process the schools evaluate progress in addressing the six priority strategies of the Hawaii State Strategic Plan. These are: the Academic Review Team, Common Core State Standards, Educator Effectiveness Systems; Formative Instruction/Data Teams; Induction and Mentoring; and the Comprehensive Student Support System.
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Keaukaha Elementary was fully accredited in 2019.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Equity Specialist for Schools in the Hilo-Waiakea Complex
You may also contact this person for questions or concerns relating to non-discrimination at your school:
Equity Specialist, Hilo - Waiakea Complex
Hawaii District Office
75 Aupuni Street
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
Phone Number: 808-600-9576
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Notification of Privacy Rights
Know your privacy rights as they apply to
1) student record information;
2) directory information;
3) surveys and other information collection; and
4) military recruitment information.
For more information on your privacy rights, the laws that protect them, and how to exercise your rights, contact your school administrator or visit the State of Hawaii Department of Education online to read more about FERPA.
Each year, Hawaii public schools are required to notify parents of their rights under the "Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act." These rights are generally broken up into 4 separate sections. Here is a brief description of FERPA rights:
1. The right to inspect and review the student's education records within 45 days of the request.
2. The right to request the amendment of the student's education records that the parent, guardian, or eligible student believe are inaccurate or misleading.
3. The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. One exception that permits disclosure without consent is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests.
4. The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the school to comply with the requirements of FERPA.
Keaukaha Students interpretation of our schools mission and vision.
Box Top$ for Education
For over 20 years, Box Tops for Education has given families an easy way to earn cash for their school, with products they already buy, This program has provided over $900,000,000 to schools since 1996. Join us in our efforts to raise funds for our keiki!
Keaukaha Elementary School Code is 417450. Mahalo for your support!
Important Message for Parents from the Hawaii State Department of Health
Protect your child’s health against serious, sometimes life-threatening diseases. The effectiveness of childhood vaccines can decrease over time. Preteens and teens are also at risk for different disease as they get older.
Protect the health of your preteen or teen with four (4) important vaccines recommended by the DOH DOCD:
Pertussis (whooping cough)
Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Influenza - flu
Take your child to his/her primary care provider to receive these vaccines. For more information, visit health.hawaii.com.
240 Desha Avenue
Hilo, Hawaii 96720